Sundays Should Be An Extension Of The Week
We want to gather as an expression of our day-in, day-out experience of “being the church”. Our Sunday worship service should represent an overflow of worshiping lives 24/7. Therefore, when we come together everything we do should manifest worship: our fellowship, our giving, our praying, our singing, our study, and our embrace extended to those we love and brand new friends. And it all should reflect real life. So Sunday mornings should be…
Sundays Should Be..
Genuine, Not Fake
The way we dress, talk, and interact should be real and unaffected, not pretend or plastic. So we’re more casual than formal, free than structured, contemporary than traditional, and down-to-earth than pie-in-the-sky.
Practical, Not Perfunctory
We want our kids ministered to with excellence, we want our giving to be used efficiently, we want our time to be not wasted, but invested toward eternal values.
Relevant, Not Unconnected
We design our musical worship to be accessible and fresh, while still honoring the substantive musical heritage of our faith. And since our music component is a corporate offering of worship, it should reflect both excellence and participation, not mere observation.
Theological, Not Theoretical
The center of our time together is the clear, plain, and powerful explanation and application of eternal truth; a presentation rooted not in our own ideas, but in the text of God’s Word alone. The end of our teaching is not less than information, but surely must be more: the transformation of our lives through the renewing of our thinking (Romans 12.1-2).
Vision is All About What You Can See…
By His Grace, After Five Years We…
- are a church family gathering each Sunday morning, experiencing together Worship in Spirit and Truth
- are blessed with a committed vounteers who shepherd our children with grace and truth, with some fun thrown in besides
- experience diverse groups of believers gathering weekly in homes for fellowship, accountability, and ministry together
- host growing Sunday night (and morning) equipping ministries, including: C3 Student Ministries, EQUIP classes and workshops, which provide theological leadership training for Adults
Our Facility: SHERWOOD FOREST PROPERTY
A Story of God’s Continued Provision
Within about six months of starting Christ Community and seeing God bring people to the church, we had the fortunate problem of considering what we would do about future meeting space. We began to pray and consider our options with the unwavering commitment to make decisions that would be marked by a utilitarian view of future church space, a commitment to steward God’s resources well over the short and long haul, a vision for being a church planting church rather than a megachurch and a commitment to not detract from our missions giving. [read more=Read-more less=Read-less]
We looked at many options. We could continue to meet at the Westin on Sunday morning and pay for three hours of premium space each week and continue to setup/takedown or we could find a place to lease or purchase that we could have 24-hour access to for our ministries. We spent much prayer, time and effort considering our options and decided to pursue the route of either leasing or buying space we could have access to around the clock. We began to look in a 1-mile radius around Beltway 8 and I10. Leases for space that would accommodate our needs on Sunday morning for worship and kid space was difficult to find, to say the least, and out of our price range to consider. We began to consider places to purchase and invest our resources in over the long term. Should we buy land and build or should we buy a property and renovate? We found that the most cost-effective way for us to proceed and honor our commitments stated above was to pursue purchasing and renovating an existing property. In our team’s search, we came across the Sherwood Forest Property and began to look closer and pray about purchasing this property. In December of 2012, our membership overwhelmingly voted to purchase the Sherwood Forest Property (1303 Sherwood Forest just outside Beltway 8 and I10) and due to Christ Community Church’s generosity, we paid cash for the property. This is just one of many countless examples of God’s gracious hand on C3 for the sake of His Kingdom and His glory!
Our 3.5-acre property is set in the pine trees of Sherwood Forest and has a 26,000 sq. ft. business park that we remodeled and converted into our church facility where we have been grateful to gather since January 2014.
Facility Ministry Uses
- Sanctuary that seats 500- our desire is not to grow into a mega-church but to seed church plants around Houston as we grow.
- Kitchen area of the fellowship hall-serve coffee, prepare and serve food and drinks
- Future Renovated Student Ministry Building on NW corner of the property
- 9 Additional Multi-Purpose Classrooms- for Kids ministry on Sunday morning, EQUIP classes, etc…
- 4 Preschool Classrooms for ages 0-5 for our Sunday School hour and potential MDO and nursery uses in the future.
- Storage Units-tables and chairs off fellowship hall and sanctuary
- Landscaped Courtyard in the front
- Fellowship Hall/Gathering area- a multi-purpose space for fellowship and gathering on Sunday mornings, EQUIP classes, student ministry, worship venues, banquets, conferences,etc…
- Nursing Mom’s room so moms can nurse their babies but still hear the preaching of God’s word.
- Resource Room for Kids Ministry supplies
- Administrative offices
- Parking Lot to accommodate 200+ cars
- Playground and Outdoor seating area in the back for Kids and Families.
We have designed the membership process at C3 with one guiding principle in mind: a desire to experience and pursue, for all our church family, genuinely meaningful membership. Our membership process includes the following steps:
- Read the C3 Bylaws
- Attend the “Membership Matters” orientation fellowship led by members of our Council of Elders
- Complete the online Membership Questionnaire
- Visit with one pastor/elder to discuss your faith story and to pray with you, thereby committing yourself to membership
- Be affirmed by the membership of C3 at a members’ meeting